Junior College Programme
The Junior College Division in Raffles Christian School (Pondok Indah) prides itself in instilling academic excellence as well as strong values in our students through various programs. The school tagline To Learn, To Lead, To Love is mirrored in all that we do and the students are given many opportunities to showcase their leadership abilities in various school events.
Students entering Junior Colleges (JCs) take an Cambridge ‘A’ level curriculum that emphasizes breadth of learning and flexibility. The Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. Subjects started as a Cambridge International AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level.
Cambridge International AS & A Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
Our students use the Cambridge International AS & A Levels to gain places at leading universities worldwide including the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the Netherlands, Germany and many others. For more information on the Cambridge curriculum, you may visit www.cie.org.uk for more information.