PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Purpose of study
Our physical education curriculum motivates all pupils to achieve and thrive in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. At RCS, we provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Given our pupils the opportunities to compete in sport and other activities develop their character and help to implant values such as fairness and respect.
to ensure that all pupils:
- acquire the ability to do their best in a broad range of physical activities
- involve in competitive sports and activities
- are physically active for persistent periods of time
- lead a healthy and active lives.
By the end of each topics, pupils are expected to know, apply and understand the matters, skills and processes specified in the relevant programme of study, either for competitive or recreation.
Our PE Program for Primary, Secondary and Junior College:
All of our PE programs for each level includes the following topics:
– track and field,
– gymnastic, and
– individual and team sport games.
Our PE program at RCS for every topics, covers the following:
- health and safety.
Strategies to deliver a successful program will focus the five components such as curriculum, SOW, lesson plan, equipment and facilities through Internal program and Co-curricular Activity (CCA).
Topic and sub-topic of our internal PE program:
- Fitness: we conduct NAPFA to measure students’ fitness level, this topic will be delivered to pupils from P4 (Grade 4) until JC2 (Grade 12).
- Track and Field: Sprinting, medium and long distance running, basic motor skills movement of running, jumping throwing will be delivered for all levels.
- Gymnastic: Balance, flexibility, dancing, strength and muscle endurance.
- Sport games: Traditional games, Futsal, Soccer, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Floorball, Softball, Table tennis.